I'm always looking for great quality beauty products at low affordable prices, however, I'm a little skeptical of all make-up until I've personally tried it out. I was thrilled to find a great selection of Rimmel London cosmetics available at Walmart for only $3.97 each (see my shopping story here). These Rimmel products are all perfect for creating a fresh and natural look for summer. Since I live in humid Florida, I especially want my summer make-up to be light and understated.
I used these Rimmel products to create two summer styles: natural nude, and bold red.
This natural nude look is my all-time favorite look. I highlighted my favorite Rimmel products above that were essential to this look: The quad eye shadow, the natural mineral bronzer, and the stay glossy lip gloss.
Tips for this natural look
1. Don't overdo your foundation. If you feel like your foundation is leaving lines or looking unnatural, use one shade lighter than you usually do. You can then add color more naturally with the bronzer. If you still want a lighter look, mix the liquid foundation with a little bit of moisturizer on your hand right before you apply it.
2. Use neutral tones for your liner and shadow. I used brown eye liner and the quad eye shadow. I used the different shades of brown to create subtle shadows and add dimension to my eyes, without making it especially noticeable.
3. Apply a little bronzer to your forehead, nose, and cheeks (basically the places where you naturally get sun). Then apply a light layer of pressed powder (in the same shade as your foundation) to the rest of your face.
4. Don't forget lip gloss. This pink gloss is subtle, but is the perfect finishing touch. I love this Stay Glossy lip gloss, because it feels like a cross between lip stick and lip gloss, and it doesn't feel too sticky.
I have to confess, red lipstick makes me nervous. I see other people wearing it, and I love the look. However, I sometimes shy away from bold looks, plus, I hate the thought of it smearing or rubbing off. But now, red lips is a new summer staple for me, thanks to the Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick.
Tips for this bolder summer look:
1. Stay with the light and fresh make-up look from above to keep the focus on your red lips. You also want to avoid too many bold things at once.
2. Use neutral tones for your eye shadow. I would stick with shades of brown, gold, and gray, according to your skin tone.
3. Scrub your lips with a wash cloth before applying your lipstick for a smoother and more polished look.
4. After you've applied your red lipstick, add a little bit of a lighter shade of lip gloss to the middle of your lips for a little dimension.
5. Pair this bold look with a neutral colored shirt (maybe even one with a bold geometric pattern). I added a coral headband and sunglasses to compliment the red lipstick, and to help pull my bangs back.
Check out this summer lifestyle magazine that features tips and looks from Rimmel London:
What is your favorite summer make-up look? Are you more of a natural nude or a bold red?